Thursday 5 August 2010

Brightest star in the remedial class

I had a bit of a shocker at Buxton. Look, I know I'm not a very good racer, but I fell below my normal low standards. I crashed three (four?) times, stalled twice. I pushed the bike further than I rode it. I didn't make the Thunderbike A final, something I always really want to do, or the short track semis, but that meant I still had two B Finals. And that when I finally got my eye in. I was racing decent riders - the Co-Built guys, Wilky, big Trappy, people who beat me, but I got a win and a second. I love racing. You should give it a go. And Dan Walsh shot it from stupid raceface to chequered flag. Anthony came close, though. Blimey.
Thanks Dan. GI

4 comments:

Anthony Brown said...

Its the feeling of 'could do better' that keeps me going back for more. I dont know what I would do if I kept winning! I love racing too. See you at Lynn

Anonymous said...

...g'wan G!...love that race face! : )

Anonymous said...

better to start off shit and get better, i started ok, and ended up shocking!!.

Anonymous said...

lovely photos dan!.