Tuesday 27 October 2009

Sideburn represented at Pomona 1




From David P in California.

Thought I'd let you guys know that Sideburn was represented at the recent Pomona Flat Track races. The Gene shirt (and mags) you sent made it in time. Wish I and the pic were more handsome but here I am showing off my all access backstage pass and Sideburn shirt in the Lloyd Brothers "pit" (aka easy-up).

The races were incredible and I gotta say thanks to you Brits for hipping me to something thats been growing in my backyard all these years. Lord knows how much of this I missed when I was living back in Kentucky. Flat trackin' is some low-down, neighborly stuff; the champs got an easy-up and camping chairs like everyone else and merchandising is so non-existent that we couldn't even find a program listing the riders and numbers.

More pics are here

Additionally, there was yet another Sideburn moment a few days before the races as the Italian moto shop whose web-site I look after (the same shop that received the Deus Mono) had a birthday cocktail party. Just before the party arrangements were made for the Lloyd Brothers to stop by and present their Aprilia and Ducati Flat Trackers for the assembled.
Best of luck, David

No comments: